Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 4th June 2011, 10:26 PM   #1
tx7

Send a message via Yahoo to tx7
Thumbs down new board which one

Hi All,
I have a 2003 111 Carve that is getting old but sill ridable. Have ridden this board continuously since I live in south Texas and can sail year around. Living here means 130 mile drive to look at a board. On the Starboard website I noticed that the Isonics have a cross over chart. Do they have a chart for free ride boards somewhere? I ride my 111 from 7.5 to 4.2 with fin changes. Also I want to stay with the Tuggle box since I have a lot of fins that are that base. I am 5'11 and 180 lbs. The board finder shows Futura, Carve, and Cobe

thanks
Frank
tx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Ken

Hi from North Texas,

Why not the new Carve 111? Windsurfing mag. gave it a good review with the only negative comment being "more aggressive sailors look elsewhere for a livelier ride". If this is your situation, then the Futura may be the one for you.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 07:18 AM   #3
tx7

Send a message via Yahoo to tx7

I have given that idea some thought but seem to be leaning toward 111 futura. Would like to ride some of the above boards first since whatever I buy I will probably keep along time. The 111 carve was bought new on the advice of a fella at Windsurfing Direct. At the time I too had a Mistral Superlight and a Malibu so I leaned toward Mistral but when I told the guy that It was very choppy when windy and he told me not to buy an Energy which I had ask for, it rode like a plank. So I bought the 111 Carve and loved it.
tx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Ken

I think the carve and futura are somewhat similar, but someone else will have to give you the specifics. My guess based on what I have read is that the futura will be a bit more lively and is designed more for the advanced or advanced intermediate sailor, where the carve is best suited for the first time "short boarder" up to an intermediate level.

Hopefully someone that has experience with both boards will jump in and give an opinion, as well as what the difference is between the old carve and the new carve.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote