Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 28th June 2011, 03:49 PM   #1
wavetrust25

Default Expensive stuff??

How much would you pay for a used kit in good condition?
wavetrust25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2011, 07:46 PM   #2
nakaniko

Too wide question too, but for absolute beginning you'd better look for a wideboard (200 euro used) and a school rig (150 euro). The first time wideboard should have daggerboard or central added fin. Look on ebay.de
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 02:06 PM   #3
wavetrust25

Default Ebay...

I've looked onEbay and I saw some nice stuff. Now the question is... if I get something from Ebay, how do I know it is in good condition?
wavetrust25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 02:31 PM   #4
nakaniko

Good question.
Obviously if you don't see the board by yourself you have to trust the seller, on ebay checking the feedback of previous sales. If he had already sold windsurf boards successfully and/or it's a professional seller, you can buy with few risks.
Before bidding ask for international shipping rates to Romania (I do the same for rates to Italy even if is written shipping only in Germany). And know the way that carriers handle fragile items in your country, in Italy I received an used board with broken stern edge because of Poste Italiane (easily repaired with epoxy resin stick).
This way I've bought on ebay.it a Mistral Score 98 lt for 65 euro, a Mistral Score 112 for 75 euro (the one arrived broken), and an AHD Seal 88 to be repaired (even too much..) for 150 euro. Going out from ebay.de I've bought 6 new HotSailsMaui sails and 2 Fiberspar RDM masts, for good and cheap prices.
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote