Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 14th August 2011, 11:34 PM   #1
nixon196

Default isonic 2010th

I would like to buy isonic 121 from 2010.carbon version. Does anyone heard about factory problems with the board regarding the cracking of carbon? Many people in Croatia speak about it.

Last edited by nixon196; 14th August 2011 at 11:36 PM.
nixon196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Unregistered

Hi Nixon,
I'm using the 121 carbon version in the second year now and my ~80kg are feeling quite good on it. Mostly with 8,6 or 7.5 in the open sea or choppy conditions. Up to now the board is keeping strong and no signs of weak spots so far. The only weak thing I found is the ultimate light wind performance and this is the reason why I ordered a 127 from 2012. It might be not as handy like the 121 but next year I do want to win some races and my weight is above the average here in Japan and almost all pro's are on the 127 even thoguht that they are below 70Kg some times...
The 2011 version has often problems with the plug-ins for the straps which break out after some serious usage. The rest of the board however is just excellent and doesn't break or get soft within one season, at least what I can see from the local Starboard pro-riders.
Hopefully Starboard worked on this for the 2012 generation.

~Shinobi
Old 15th August 2011, 09:59 PM   #3
nixon196

Thanks Shinobi,
I thought only the quality of the board, not the performance of these boards. My friends from the Croatian had problems with isonic 2010, because on top of the boards started to appear small straight cracks and then entered the sea in the board. All these boards have been under warranty and the dealer receive all the new boards. Now I buy the same kind of board, which has passed the warranty period and I'm afraid that we do not break.
But it does not matter, I guess everything will be ok. I know the fix these problems, so if it happens, we will fix it. I drove isonica 121 with a 7.8 sail and the board is so easy and so fast that I immediately fell in love with isonic. I have just bought a slightly larger sail for the summer and slightly lower isonic for the winter. Greetings from Croatian!
nixon196 is offline   Reply With Quote