Old 22nd April 2012, 01:35 AM   #1
Mansfield171

Default Warranty; yellowed finish

Hi, the white finish on my 2011 Carve 171, purchased new in October 2011, has begun to yellow significantly. It is Tuffskin construction. The yellowing is not present on the non skid surface, but occurs in patches everywhere else. The board has been stored indoors, used in saltwater only. Is this something that is covered under my warranty?
Thanks
Mansfield171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2012, 01:59 AM   #2
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi Mansfield, normally this yellowing (which can be quite common in certain locations, and although unsightly is not structural ) is simply removed after salt water use with a quick (very mild) rub with a household cleaner similar to what you would clean a bathroom basin with.Or similar. Even toothpaste. Or automotive paint cleaners (take care re these solvents etc though) Suitable (brand) products of course vary globally by location/availability.

Please check with your local dealer for best (local) advice, unquestionably the best initial contact with this (or other) warranty matters.

Cheers ~ Ian
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 11:56 PM   #3
mark h

Hi, sorry to cut in. Just like Ian states, in certain areas of the world, hard water seems to make SB (and JP) board discolour. I have this problem at my local spot.

I normally have to clean all my boards with roughly 6 month intervals. But it is very simple to do. I use a house hold cleaner called Cillit Bang Grim & Lime.

Use a damp towel, spay the Cillit bang on the board and wipe straight away with the towel no need to scrub as the board will turn white in a few seconds. Hose the board down, and it will look like new again. Im sure that they feel faster after cleaning

Word of warning, don't do this on your grass lawn (like I did first time) because cillit bang kills grass and you will end up with a stencil shape of your board on your lawn (I had 6 stencil board shapes on mine)

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 11:15 PM   #4
Krister

As mentioned above it is residues from the water and you can use rubbing compound to remove it, but there is a very easy fix to this. Just apply some fresh lime juice and leave it on for about 5 minutes then rinse with water. Works like charm...
Krister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 02:37 AM   #5
Mansfield171

Thanks! I used Mon Ami kitchen cleaner and a sponge, worked like a charm!
Mansfield171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default ???

yeah Oxyclean a very popular cleaner is called "cillit bang" in the UK ,

another example of commom names changes around the world is the "bullfrog" which is called a " chuzzwazzer" in australia.

Bart Simpson