Old 11th April 2007, 02:12 AM   #1
SpeedChaser

Default Fin Size for PA 73L

Now that I have my 06 PA 73L I want to get a second fin for it. I need something that will work well with a 5.3 in on shore conditions. I'm about 69kg and 6'1". I've been looking at the Select X1 Wave in a 23cm. Will that work well with the PA 73L and a 5.3?
SpeedChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 02:14 AM   #2
SpeedChaser

Default RE: Fin Size for PA 73L

Oh one more thing. I have a 24cm "Cross" Drake fin that came with my 95L kombat. Would that work ok on the Acid or is it a bad match? Because if that would work then I probably don't need a new fin.
SpeedChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Ola_H
TEAM

Default RE: Fin Size for PA 73L

The 24cm Cross fin is kind of big and not an ideal fit to the board, but for B&J stuff you might just find it fine so I wouldn't get a new fin until I've tried the one you allready have.

As for the Select, I haven't used it myself, so its hard to say, but a guess is that a 23 should be a good size for onshore 5.3.

The best thing would be to complement with a bigger Drake Natural. Then you will get the smoothest possible tranaistion when changing fins. I would say that the Drake Natural 24 would be the best complement to the 22 you got with the board.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote