Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 11th April 2007, 06:17 AM   #1
gary

Default phantom sliding mast track lever

Hi
Just a quick question. How far is the travel of the locking lever on the sliding truck? It moves easily to a vertical position when locking in the UJ. But my wonder is, is it meant to be pushed further over center towards the UJ? I am nervous about applying too much force untill I check with Starboard.

Thanks Gary
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Default RE: phantom sliding mast track lever

Hi Gary,
The pin lock in the mast car on my Phantoms needs to go a ways past vertical to really lock in.
Make sure the little black ball with the hole in it and the bungee chord attached isn't getting in the way of the little locking handle or tab.
I often find that the little leash ball (designed to attach your rig to the board in the event that the mast foot pin pops out, so you don't lose your rig) gets in between the locking lever and the solid part of the mast car and prevents the lever from going past vertical.
I'm going to remove the little black ball from my boards I think as I'd rather have the pin truly "locked in" than use the leash in case it pops out.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 07:26 AM   #3
gary

Hi Roger
I went down to the basement and got onto the lever a little harder, and now see how the lock in occurs. As far as the black ball, my car doesn't have one, just a hole where I assume it would have been attached to. I like your idea about removing it anyway. I can't wait to try out my new board. Unfortunatly my lake still has ice on it, "Canadian eh".
Thanks for reply
Gary
Old 13th April 2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Gary,
Hey, thanks Gary!
Now I know I can remove the little black leash line and ball from both my Phantoms!
Did they ship a special pin mast foot (uni) with your board, or did you have to buy one seperately.
If so, where did you buy it and who makes it?
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 06:14 AM   #5
gary

Hi Roger
Yes my (uni) came with the board. So I would expect the mating of the (uni) to the car would be as designed, and a safety leash not needed. Whether different manufactures' (uni)'s mate 100%, I would not know, or is one company making sliding mast parts for everyone? Anyway please don't cut your leashes off on my account, I'm new to this track system. Hopefully I won't wish I had a leash! Also, can a person ever have enough Phantoms? I'm guessing you demo these boards for Starboard? I will say, it is a good looking board!
Gary