Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 26th June 2007, 10:41 PM   #1

Default Freestyle choice

Hi everybody!
In august-september i was planning to buy my first freestyle board...
As i'm really proud of the s-type i already have i decided not to buy other brands, meaning i'll go for a Flare,
now, considering that my weight is aprox. 74kg, but can do down to 70kg or even less in some periods, what board would be better? the flare 88 or flare 99?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:07 AM   #2

Default RE: Freestyle choice

hi,
yes, mi situation was similar, I have my Stype for a year and i love that board. Then I got attracted by freestyle, because before I was mostly in Wavesailng, Formula and Slalom and got finally a month ago to Bonaire to discover it....
Well, the answer to your question depends a lot in your wind conditions. I weight same than you, usually 69-74kg depending in the season...
I used in Bonaire the Flare 99 in about 15-20 knots conditions and was really happy about the performance. I will think in the Flare 88 only in case your winds are stronger than this range usually. But to cover the 15-20 knots range at our weight I think is ok.
But great if other freestylers with a bit more experience than me on tricks can give you other ideas!!!

Best luck
Ricardo Guglielmino
Old 28th June 2007, 11:22 PM   #3

Hi guys,

If I am in a competiton and the wind is about 15-20 knots I'll be on the 99

if the wind gets stronger i'll the be on the 88..

I weight 73kg exactly my most used sail is 5.2 and 4.8 and the board I use the most when I am freesailing is the 88.

if you like small board the 88 will be a good choice other then that the 99 will als be a perfect size overall.

Taty frans NB-9
Old 9th July 2007, 05:16 AM   #4

By the way, is someone there from the int. team gonna sell his '07 flare at the end of the season, i know that some Pro put them on eBay 4ex., cause i still haven't found anyone selling it yet