Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 5th July 2007, 04:17 PM   #1
ka43

Default new iSonics

Gidday Ian,
I know its probably a bit early but can you give us any idea of what the new iSonics will be like?
Im still undecided what to change my Falcon 111 over to and am
curious of what the new models stats will be. As you are aware Im looking for something to carry sails ranging from 8.5 (not used much but it makes a difference in light winds) to 7.6 and 6.6 TR3's 90% of the time.
Im looking at getting back into some slalom racing but mostly GPS blasting.
Any info appreciated,
Cheers
Grant
ka43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 03:39 PM   #2
Hookipa18

Default RE: new iSonics

Same "problem" here, not sure if I should buy a 2007 iSonic 101 at a small discount or wait for the new 2008 iSonics?

Will the new iSonic be fine tuned versions of 2007 or very different?
Hookipa18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Phill104

If you like the current iSonics then buy one...

All this waiting to see next years kit must be a right royal pain for the dealers. Will they really give you that much more fun than you can already have on the current kit?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 01:16 AM   #4
lucofede

Just a few photos I found in other forum.
Proto for the new 87 or 94?

Regards
lucofede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi All,

Nice pics, not everything in proto ever makes it thru to production.
And yes we make and test a lot of boards that don't make it thru.. A lot.

Anyway, just a few short weeks to go and all (that has not so far been pirated and posted ) will be revealed in it's full and final detail.

For iS2008, it is fair to say the majority of the new range is based on continued evolution and progressive refinement, more than radical change from 2007. That's not to suggest that the 2008 range doesn't have the edge over 2007, but at the same time giving a balanced report that the 2007 boards are not hopelessly overshadowed by the 2008's either.

As usual, at this time of the season, there is always that difficult decision based on clearance pricing of existing stocks vs new model at new model pricing. So here's the good news: this year the options are pretty evenly balanced in favor of any customer making their own smiles per hour (or is that smiles per $ ?) decisions. There are some damn fine rides in iS2007 and taking a clearance price on an '07 now will get you smiling right away and won't leave you seriously embarrassed on the beach in '08. Those lining up for '08s shouldn't have too much trouble finding notable differences over '07...

I'd say give it six months and both groups of customers will be happy. All good !!

Cheers ~ Ian

Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2007, 02:26 PM   #6
ka43

Thanks Foxy.
Ill be patient and wait, unfortunately the option doesnt exist for a 07' deal so that's cool.
Looking forward to seeing the new stuff, not much happening around here until September anyway.
Ta
ka43 is offline   Reply With Quote