Old 4th September 2007, 11:16 PM   #1
sam 2007

Default Bonnaire - Jan 2008

Roger,
I'm starting to make my plans for Bonaire. I'll be there mid Jan to mid Feb. Are you going again? It's my turn to buy dinner.

I've had a quiet summer since I had surgery on my knee in June and have only been sailing again 3 weeks. My knee is doing well now and I'm excited about windsurfing and going to Bonaire.

I hope you are having a good summer.

Sam
sam 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 04:39 AM   #2
Ellen Faller
Dream Team - School

Hi Sam,
I am sure Roger will get back to you soon. He had heart surgery mid-August and is doing fantastically right now. So his summer has been good in that respect, even if not quite what he was expecting. I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are planning for more sailing.
cheers,
Ellen
Ellen Faller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Sam,
Ellen has it right, I'm recovering from heart valve replacement in a pretty spectacular manner.
Just visited my cardiologist today and all systems are go. I can drive on Sept. 17th!
I'm flying out to the Gorge to stay with friends tomorrow, so I may not be real active on the net until later.
I'll have to see how my finances go and when I can get back on the water before making any decisions about Bonaire ths winter.
Glad to hear you are recovering nicely as well.
R
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Brian S

Default Bonaire in Feb

Hi Sam, Ellen and Roger,

I'll be there Feb 22 - Mar 2, the same week as last year, so I'll miss you again Sam. Last year we had awesome conditions that week. I sailed a 5.0 or 5.5 m2 eight straight days. (Sam, you might remember that I'm ~210 #). I don't know if I could get that lucky two years in a row, but that's my plan. I'm gonna contact Blake and Dennis to see if they're game.

Last year, we stayed on the lee side of the island and it was really nice being able to windsurf all day and then watch the sun go down from the beach on the other side.

Roger and Ellen: If you'll be there during that time frame, let me know. I'm good for a beer or two.
Roger, hope you get some genuine R&R in the gorge.

Brian
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2007, 10:05 PM   #5
sam 2007

Smile

Roger,

I didn't know that you had surgery but I'm glad to hear that you're doing really well. I hope you'll be sailing again in a few weeks and make it back to Bonaire.

Say "hi" to Ellen for me.

Sam
Old 13th September 2007, 10:19 PM   #6
sam 2007

Default Bonaire in Feb

Brian,

I'm planning on taking the ABK clinic the 4th week of Jan and might stay through Feb too. I think my wife is going to come the last 10 days. She came the 2nd year and this will be my 4th. She still works so every other year is good for her.

I have stayed at Coco Palm all 3 times now. Where did you stay last year?

It would be nice to see you, Blake and Dennis. I keep seeing some of the same people in my clinic and also other people that come about the same time every year. It's like going to a class reunion where only the people I liked show up. I'll post when I pick out my dates.

I hope you're doing lots of sailing and having a good summer.

Sam
Old 15th September 2007, 09:32 AM   #7
Brian S

Sam,

I stayed at Eden Beach last year. It's a bit pricier, but it might be one of the least pricey places that has a sunset. Sailed all day, every day, then ran back to watch the sunset and enjoy a beer or two.

Last year, Blake came but Dennis had to cancel last minute. This year, it sounds like Dennis may come, but Blake is questionable.

If you're there through Feb, I'll certainly see you.
Brian
Old 4th October 2007, 10:05 PM   #8
sam 2007

Default Bonaire dates

Roger,
Have you booked for Bonaire yet? I'll be there from Jan 18 to Feb 20. Pam is coming the last 12 days.

Sam
Old 4th October 2007, 10:08 PM   #9
sam 2007

Default Bonaire dates

Brian,
Looks like we are going to miss each other again. This will be my fourth trip and I love Bonaire. I'm glad that you're getting to go again too.

Sam
Old 6th October 2007, 12:31 AM   #10
Brian S

Sam,

I'm limited in when I can go. Have fun.
brian