Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 17th September 2007, 02:22 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Fin Box on EVO

I just received E-80 and this is the fist A-box fin board I have had. I found it tough to slide the fin back enough to be able to get the screw installed. Another words, it's really stiff to slide either way back and forth once in the box. Also, is the screw head suppose to be sunken deep enough into the board so its not sticking obove the board surface. When I have it tightened down the screw head sticks up a bit above the board surface.
Also which back foot strap setting is better, the front or back holes? Thanks for your Help. I can't wait to use the board!
Old 17th September 2007, 04:48 AM   #2
Krister

Normally the fin should not slide easily when it is "folded" down into the board. So slide it into the desired position before folding it down, and yes the tricky part is to have the brass-nut at the right place for the screw.
It is better that the fin head is flush with the board (for instance this avoids damages to the box from thick profile fins), and then the screw head will stick up.

Last edited by Krister; 17th September 2007 at 04:50 AM.
Krister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 03:53 PM   #3
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Hi ?

Firstly, put the brass nut into the finbox and slide it all the way forward with the screwdriver tip. Next, I suggest to add some liquid soap, sun tan lotion or anything which is a bit greasy to ease the entry and/or sliding of your fin's base into the fin box. Insert your fin so that the front tab's hole gets aligned with the brass nut. You can slide the brass nut with the screwdriver tip if required. When both holes are aligned, insert the screw and tighten.

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote