Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 9th October 2007, 03:33 PM   #1
hubert

Send a message via ICQ to hubert Send a message via MSN to hubert
Unhappy Severne redline broken mast - warranty/aftersale problems

To Starboard team,

I'm a big fan of your products, I'm riding a Futura 133, ordered a gator & NCX (awaiting the shipment in mid Oct) and impressed by the quality of it.

However, I'm a lil bit disappointed about the way you handle claims.

I purchased the severne 100% 460 mast in Sep 2006. the mast was broken in May this year and I've filed a claim to my local distributor.

after 5 months, despite I've been checking with my local distributor in HKG, they told me that no reply from severne so far, and nothing they could do about it. last week, I checked again with my local distributor. again, regrettably, no reply at all from severne. they suggest me to contact you directly.

I'm not intending to accuse any party here. all I'd like to have is a reply that whether this claim is accepted, or not.

if not, I'll have to order a new mast for my new sails which is coming in a few weeks. it may take weeks for the leadtime and I really wanna make it clear asap. should I wait for the replacement or get a new mast??????

your prompt reply is highly appreciated.....
hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi Hubert,

We will investigate the matter and reply to you ASAP via your Forum email address.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers ~ Ian
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 04:18 PM   #3
hubert

Hi Ian,

sorry to push you but my sails has arrived this week. monsoon wind is picking up here and I don't really have time to wait further. I could resend those pics if it's necessary, I really hope you could give me some quick reply. looking forward to hear from you.

in case you want to contact me in private, please contact me at huberthui@hotmail.com.

Hubert
Old 17th October 2007, 04:45 PM   #4
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi Hubert,

This matter is definitely passed and discussed with Severne crew directly following my last message 9 Oct, it was discussed and further replied to me to confirm that.
Please let me follow up again.

Thanks (again) for your patience.

Cheers ~ Ian
Old 23rd October 2007, 03:48 PM   #5
hubert

Hi Ian,

another week has gone and I'm still stuck here. any updates?

Hubert
Old 24th October 2007, 03:21 PM   #6
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi Hubert,

There are at least 2 seperate emails I know about sent directly to you (your Hotmail address) by Tina who is Severne Marketing and Customer Service manager, and I know is well aware and acting to try and resolve this. But she does need warranty information to proceed , and that is what she requests in her meail.

Right now, this instant, I'm forwarding you the text of the emails and the details of her message to you in your Private Message folder here on the Forum, as a backup in case for some reason your email is rejecting etc.

So please be aware, we've been trying since above first complaint to get this resolved for you as smoothly as possible, but warranty details must be supplied.

Thanks and Cheers ~ Ian
Old 5th November 2007, 11:31 AM   #7
hubert

Hi Ian,

thanks for your help. sorry for the belated reply coz' I was out for biz trip.

I got the msg from Tina about the warranty information. to be frank, I don't know exactly what kind of information you'd like to have, I'll check up my mast no. and get back to Tina after I go to the beach this weekend. thanks for your help, Ian. I hope we could clarify this asap.

cheers.
Hubert