Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th October 2007, 08:28 AM   #1
ferris

Send a message via MSN to ferris Send a message via Yahoo to ferris
Question Clinic in Brazil

Hi Wilhelm,

Apart from those windsurfing clinics in Jeri, do you know about any other in Brazil?

Paulao (BRA 3333) gave a clinic in Araruama this year, and just it.

Cheers,

Fernando

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 10:11 PM   #2
BRA999 schurmann

Default Clinics

Hi Fernando,
Usually we do clinics at the main windsurfing events in Brasil, such as, Icaraizinho slalom event, Guarapari formula, Cabo frio wave and slalom, Ibiraquera wave.
Usually it's not such a formal thing and most of the time, sailors just come to ask a question about equipment or racing techniques and I share all that I know and that I can help.
So if you go to one of these main events fell free to approach and ask anything.
The next big events that I will be going to are;
South American championship in Colombia.
Fortaleza Grand Prix
Formula Worlds in Fortaleza
Slalom Nationals in Piaui

Also, for next year, there are several starboard clinics being prepared around Brazil, in which I and other Team riders will be present. As soon as these are confirmed, they should be up on the www.katanka.com.br .

Best regards,
Wilhelm Schurmann
Old 11th October 2007, 10:38 PM   #3
ferris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much for replying that fast!

I'll follow the Katanka website to reach you guys next year.

For now, wish you all the best for your races this end of 2007.

regards,

Fernando

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12th October 2007, 01:17 AM   #4
mmoritz

Fernando, you may check www.upwind.com.br . They will host Brazilian South East FW + FE Championships on November, 2,3 and 4. Amazing structure, friendly crew, very windy place near Rio de Janeiro. The owner, Leo Rabello, is a multi-champion, super nice guy, he does clinics and all. Worth a visit, lots of paulistas show up specially on long hollidays/weekends.

Bons ventos.
mmoritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 07:10 AM   #5
ferris

mmoritz,

Great, thank you so much! I shall visit Araruama this year!

Bons ventos a todos!

Old 12th October 2007, 07:20 AM   #6
Unregistered

Hy guys,
Actually we live in a continental wonderful country! Starboard has a great team in Brazil, with people from north to south, always ready to share with everybody their "secrets". Not only the top racers like Paulão, Wilhelm, Leo, Fábio etc could help, but the Starboard dealers here are actually excellent windsurfers and they could perform a clinic on the highest level, for sure.

We're planning to run for 2008 the Tiki Week project. Each regional dealer would organize on his local spot a full week talking about Windsurfing. He can invite a national team rider for a clinic and the '08 Starboards will be there too for a test-drive.

Please be in touch with your local Starboard dealer to know more details about the Tiki Week in your state!

See you there,
Marcello Morrone
Old 12th October 2007, 09:43 AM   #7
BRA999 schurmann

Hi again Fernando,
Sorry but I forgot to add that I will be in Araruama as well, which should be a great event that Leonardo is organizing at upwind.
So hope to see you there.
Cheers,
wilhelm