Old 31st October 2007, 12:29 AM   #1
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg
Default willy skipper help

I have been dabbling in some freestyle latley. Been trying rail grabs, forward loops (so close :-)) and willy skippers. I do not understand how you get the board out of the water for ao willy skipper or jump jibe. I get that you put your back foot on the back of the board and then flick the board around and keep your front foot on the board at all times, yet i can't seem to do it. Any help???

Oh and to anyone who wants to learn loops juist do it. Its my first season windsurfing and honestly after the first attempt, I lost all fear. The quicker you do them the better. Don't think, just huck!

Thomas
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 11:31 PM   #2
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-

Hi!

To get the board out of the water, you need to get over the board, then you push down on the boom and then you release the pressure and pull up with the front foot. Then you try to keep the front foot in the strap as long as you can(for control). The important thing is to stay upright and OVER the board al ALL times. Try to stay close to the rig with your elbows pointing down. you might also consider putting the back foot in front of the back footstrap, not behind it. Works for me...

Totally agree with you on the loops... I think that noone would be afraid of spin loops if they hadn't made up the fear thing.. I think that it doesn't exist. And the spin loop is also the easiest move to do and it looks amazingly good...

all the best
Old 5th November 2007, 11:46 PM   #3
-Lampi-

P.S... this forum really sucks at answering technique questions.. when i ask for some help with it, i never get a reply..

looks like the guys on the forum can't really sail, they can only talk about the equipment and the theory...

more of a physics/maths thing, not really windsurfing

the most luck you will have with answers to technique - related questions is on the boardseeker forum.. www.boardseeker.com
Old 6th November 2007, 08:54 AM   #4
jordanwd

^ thats a killer site..
I can't get over how more popular and mainstreamed windsurfing is in other countries than in the US.
jordanwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 12:24 AM   #5
-Lampi-

hehe..
in my oppinion, windsurfing is only popular and mainstreamed amongst windsurfers..

as far as i know, in europe, windsurfing is not that popular at all, there are a lot of people who still think that it is the same sport as it was 25 years ago or even don't know what windsurfing is ..

there are offcourse some areas in which windsurfing is popular - like the carribean :P

but for most of people, football is still the number one sport..

if they had only knew how wrong they are P

cheers
Old 12th November 2007, 06:00 AM   #6
Chris Pressler

Hi Lampi,
first I would like to congratulate to your great Willy Skipper description. Which technical descriptions else are you looking for?
Looks like windsurfing is growing a bit in Europe in the moment. I saw some numbers for Germany.
Have fun on the water,
Chris

www.continentseven.com
www.chrispressler.com
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote