Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 17th November 2007, 07:23 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default sail and fin for carve 162

hi everyone my name is nick,i have a carve 162 model 2007 and I use a naish stealth 9,6.with the original fin have many spin out.so i use a 70 cm race fin,can any body tell me if this is danger to my boart?can i use a bigger sail?i am 1,92 and 94 kilos and the wind range is 8-12 knots.please help
Old 17th November 2007, 08:23 PM   #2
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Nick,

Yes, problems for 3 reasons :
1) the finbox is Tuttle, not Deep Tuttle, so with 70 cm fin leverage and your heavy weight, you'll risk to ruin your finbox. Max fin is 54 cm for standard Tuttle.
2) width one foot off (30 cm from tail end) is 54 cm. Usually, don't go over that width for your max fin size, you'll gain nothing going too big.
3) for 8-12 knots wind range, I feel the board might be too small for your weight (a 105 kg friend is using the same board with a 9.5 sail and stock fin as of 12 knots). A large iSonic 150/155 or Formula will get you much better for that low wind range IMHO (same friend is using a Formula + 11 m2 sail for that range).

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 05:13 PM   #3
speedlagoon

Send a message via MSN to speedlagoon

Hi, I also have a carve 162 and my weight is 100kg, sail that i use a overdrive 10.0 and a tushingham lightning 8.5 ( sometimes a v-8 10.6)
I always use a select superfast 59 cm , i also think that 60cm is realy the max..
When i am overpowered with the 8.5 i sometimes take the standard fin ( sometimes)
With the 59cm and my weight, i kie the fin
speedlagoon is offline   Reply With Quote