Old 12th September 2006, 04:47 AM   #1
Phill104

Default Isonic straps

What's the reason behind the choice of footstraps supplied with the iSonics. I would have loved to have had the race straps with this board instead of the slick straps. Instead I have fitted Dakine core contours. Had the board been supplied with race straps I could have save ?50.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Default RE: Isonic straps

Hi Phill,

The iSonics were originally specced (and tested) with Race straps in line with the "full race" profile of that board, however it became very clear very quick that the extra control of the Slick strap allowed extra control (=speed) when the iS was sailed really at (over) the limit c/w the Race strap, which (in MOST riders cases) did not allow (due to a relatively "fixed" shaping and minimal fine adjustment) such a locked fit onto the toes at max speed/stutter chop as the SlickStrap.

Foot "stance" on the iSonics (esp sailed at the limit) is subtly different to the stance/style most guys use on FW- where the race strap (and it's fit) are a more acceptable compromise (for many).

Also correct to note that everyone's feet are different sizes/shapes, their sailing styles and conditions are different etc etc, so what works for some may not work for others. In most cases, if a customer prefers an alternate to the supplied straps (in this case SlickStraps), most dealers are happy to arrange a simple change over/exchange at time of purchase.

Send me your SlickStraps, I'll send you some Race
(joke..)

Cheers ~ Ian
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Phill104

Default RE: Isonic straps

That's weird, putting a pound sign in turns to a ? when posted. Another quirk for Tony to iron out I suppose.

Thanks for the reply. To be fair I have not really given the SlickStraps a chance as I immediately fitted the Dakine ones. I was interested in your comments about how one type of strap will allow more control than another. This I will try to see just what difference it makes (if my skills will allow me to notice).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote