Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 7th December 2007, 05:26 PM   #1
TaFish

Default About EVO 100 xtv

Hi,

I'm wondering volume of this board. Is it really 100 litres? This is very important for me, because my weight is 117 kg. If I look dimenssions of the board, it's seems that Evo 100 is only 1 cm wider than Evo 90...so Evo 100 have to be little bit thicker than Evo 90 ? (roughly 1cm*10cm*237cm= 2,37 litres ) I have tried Ev0 92. It's ok in summertime Pozo, but otherwise it too small for my really heavy weigth. I have also used starboard fish boards( volume 95 and 96), and I have really like those. Those have also been little bit too small, but in winds more than 10 m/s big enough, maybe because of very wide tail. Problem is that I have probably break off every big Fish board that have ever imported to Finland For very quick look it seems that Evo has quite same scoop-rocker than the good old Fish had? And I think I will love EVO 100 if its really have 100 litres. I think that for relaxed windsurfing, volume of the board should be at least surfers weight minus twenty litres(rather near surfers weight)? So I will need every litres of the board and thats why I'm so hysteric about the wolume

Thank you already for answer!
TaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

I can't say anything about the real volume, but it is indeed A LOT thicker than the EVO 90 and I can easily se how it can have 10 liters more volume despite not being that much wider. For example, if you spread out 1cm extra thickness over say 2.2*0.5m you end up with 11 liters extra.

Drop me an email for some pictures of the thickness distribution and some other suggestions, ola.helenius@ncm.gu.se
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote