Old 15th January 2008, 09:01 AM   #1
tramontana

Thumbs up 2007 S-Type 115 range

Kevin,

I am considering getting an 07 S-type 115 for lake use with 6.0 to 7.6 cammed sails.

I am a 140lb (64kg) intermediate.

The specs show a largest recommended sail of 7.2. For fast freeriding, do you think that 7.6 is pushing it or do you think it will be fine?

Also, how hard is the board to sail on non-planing conditions (getting through the wind-shadow)?

Thanks for your help,

Albert
tramontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 12:03 AM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Albert,

I think I answered your question via email but I will answer again on here. I used the Stype 115 with great success on a 7.5 and I am much heavier than you. I think you will enjoy the board just fine with the 7.6 . The 115 was always one of my favorite boards in the range so I am sure that you will enjoy!

Happy Sailing.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2008, 06:12 PM   #3
rensie

Hi,
i've got the s-type 104(2006) how will this work with a 7.5mē? I'm 55K so maybe it should work...
rensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 06:36 AM   #4
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Yeah go try it out. If it doesnt work come in.. I am sure it will work.. just might not be the optimum.. It is all good when you are on the water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 04:12 PM   #5
rensie

Thanks kevin, i think it work.. maybe it would help with a bigger fin beceause upwind was not verry easy.. i did it with the standard 29cm drake fin. Witch fin would work better? 38cm...?
Thanks for your reply
rensie is offline   Reply With Quote