Old 19th January 2008, 01:52 AM   #1
mark h

Default New SB Speedboard

Q2: Tell us more about the boards you're using

AA: The board I use is a development of the new SB speed board, the board is 37cm wide, we are working on some new speed board for the world cup.

Hi Ian

Does this mean that we will see a new speedboard soon? Small & extra small maybe?

As a rookie speedster, I did not get on very well with the current iS50, so even though I'm a massive iSonic fan (with a nice new set of lovely 08 iSonics), I had to go with a Manta 49. Would be interesting to hear if a MK2 iS speed special is on its way soon as I can consider the Manta 49 as a short term thing.

Cheers
mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 06:52 AM   #2
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Hi Mark,

It's fully correct to assume that R+D rolls on with the speedboards
- and that there will be some "Developments" as a result of the "Research".

It's early days for Model Year 2009 details yet, but the summary is that Starboard will have a very competitive position in the speed market for the coming season.
For Team riders and customer racers alike...

No doubt, the Manta49 is a nice board, possibly a little more accessible (bigger, easier - but not really so top end) than the iS50 (which is positioned really well between top end and "easy" speed use - and enjoys a very positive response from the majority of riders who have used it in speed condition).

In any case, you should comfortably be able to consider that Manta as a short term thing....

Cheers ~ Ian
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 07:46 PM   #3
mark h

Hi Ian
Thanks for the reply. Its only January, but already, I want to fast-forward to August to take a look at the 09 speed special.

Cheers
mark h is offline   Reply With Quote