Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 22nd February 2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Phill104

Default Website menu problem....Tony?

Since you added the extra item to the dropdown menu all the dropdowns are way out of whack. I have to click on start to get the forum dropdown.

My tiny brain easilly gets confused by this. I've lost count of the number of times I've clicked on what I thought was forum and tried to post on the Rutland water and Jeri threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 01:32 AM   #2
James

I've noticed the same problem with the drop-down menus. It just appeared this week. Please fix it!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:06 PM   #3
carvesalot

its got to do with 104
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:20 PM   #4
matt12

Mine is also messed up. You need a development and acceptance environment for your roll-out process.

Also make sure you test it with linux and the common linux browsers - firefox, opera, konqueror, etc.

Thanks.
matt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 12:49 AM   #5
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Gotta agree. The "Forums" flash menu dropdown doesn't work under Firefox.

If I click on Start of the "Start Windsurfing" flash menu dropdown, I've got the forum dropdown menu.

If I click on the Windsurfing of the "Start Windsurfing" flash menu dropdown, I've got the expected Star Windsurfing dropdown menu working.

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Doby

Default When?

When will you fix the top menu?
Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 02:26 AM   #7
John Kemsley

Hey guys please fix the problem
John Kemsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 07:18 AM   #8
matt12

Hurry up SB!

I still don't understand why Starboard changed their website from their fast & responsive design of about 03, 04, 05. It also had the most popular forum in the industry, provided great fun for many many people, and brought in windsurfers to your website who don't even use Starboard.

I would love to know who made the decision at Starboard and who they commissioned to design this dodgy website. Must be one of the worst web designers in the world.
matt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2008, 05:33 PM   #9
Phill104

I think that is unfair matt12. I suppose it is a matter of taste. I quite like it.

Yes, this site takes longer to load but as broadband takes over from dial up, content can be richer. For the internet to move forward new technologies must be embraced and we have to stop pandering to those who wont change from their 800*600 screens and 56k modems.

In 2003 only 22% of home users were on broadband. It's now up to 89%.

I bet in 2003 the site felt slow to most. I certainly remember waiting ages for images to appear.

As for the forums? Yes, they are quieter now but if you go back a couple of years most of the content was junk, people attacking LeeD, spam or just general bitching of other peoples products.

It is a shame that some of the posters from those times no longer post, especially some of the team as there were some very informative posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19th March 2008, 04:21 PM   #10
Phill104

Thanks for fixing it. I know it was just a tiny problem but it was one of those things that was driving me potty.