Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 18th March 2008, 03:49 PM   #1
SA 68

Default Isonic 96 or 101

Hey Guys

Could I get your opinion o what you think would be he better choice the 101 or 96.

I have recently joined the local windsurfing club and started slalom racing. I currently am an owner of a carve 111 and noticed that I am a lot slower than a couple of my mates - I have just recently upgraded to NP V8's 7.5 and 6.5.

We sail in all conditions from 13 to 30 Knots - I would estimate that most of the racing is done in 14 -18 Knots and a couple of races about 30% is between 17 & 25 Knots. The water is pretty rough and I am finding that the Carve is pretty difficult to control as the wind picks up.

The last race we did the wind was gusting from 16 to about 24 knots we all rigged for the lulls so had fairly big sails up (7.5). I ended up comming in half way through the racing as I was way out of control.

After speaking to a couple of mates the said a slalom board would be much easier to control in these conditions. Another option is the fanatic Falcon
(105) which one of my mates rides it looks fast easier to control.

So now the only question is which one 96 or 101?
SA 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 07:45 AM   #2
willy

Default IS 96 or 101

Hi SA68,

pls go to FreeForum we have very similar Thread, very interesting and complete.

Rgds.
willy
willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2008, 06:44 PM   #3
matt12

Highly recommend the 08 Fanatic Falcon 104.

The board weight is ultra light-weight plus a fantastic superfast design means that you can hang onto this board in strong winds. I find it comfortable in 14 to low 20's. Definitely the fastest board that I have used in 15 yrs of windsurfing. And a lot of fun because it is quite easy. The boards gybes quite well when you have a LOT of speed but as regular cruising planing speed it doesn't carve very well unfortunately - but it is a full slalom board afterall.

The light weight Falcon 104 feels AWESOME under your feet.
matt12 is offline   Reply With Quote