Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 12th April 2008, 09:47 PM   #1
wannabe-freestyler

Talking weight 70kg flare'06 104 ok?

Hi like to learn some freestyle-moves(spock), and i dont know if this boardsize is good for me. im surfing at low wind in germany and in holidays at porto pollo/italy or leucate/france. weight 70kg

the board i talk about: http://http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140222289633&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

thx for answers
wannabe-freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2008, 07:13 AM   #2
jonthesailorman

I weigh about the same as you and I ride the '07 99 flare alot. This board is very good for learning the basics as I am curently doing that. I would say go for it, good price, good board. The only thing that might be just a little bit big for your weight. I say this because I find that 90ltr boards pop easier. But good thing about this board is that it will get you going in fairly light wind, especially if you have larger sails to complement it. This is realy good because once you start going for some tricks and start getting close to landing them, you're going to want to sail as much as possible untill you get it down I suggest geting some after market freestlye fins to make life sweeter

go for it!
Old 13th April 2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Chris Pressler

Hi wannabe-freestyler,
the 104 is quite ok. Has a wide nose and will help you to slide backwards. The size is not bigger than written. Itīs a good choice for lightwind, like johnthesailorman mentioned already. But you are looking for a lightwindchoice. Porto Pollo has a lot of flat water. So you can handle the board as well in stronger wind. If it gets strong, you would need a freestyler sized in between 85 and 90 liters. Fintuning (shorter fin) can help a lot. Itīs US-Box finsystem in this board and you will find a lot of choices (20 cm).

Go for it,
Chris

www.chrispressler.com
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote