Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2008, 10:36 AM   #1
thuetter

Default Demo at Extreme

Hi Roger

Will there be any instuction for new windsurfers at the Extreme Windsurfng demo this weekend? I have some grandchildren that would like to try it out.

Tom Huetter
Old 19th June 2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Tom,
I'll have to check with the management at Extreme Windsurfing, but my guess would be that we can work with a couple of small kids, or you can enroll them in the regualr Extreme Windsurfing School.
How old are your grand children and what do they weigh.
That might be the determining factor.
If they are younger than about 6 yrs old or 70 lbs. I can take them out for a little ride to see how it all feels and probably have them sailing (with a little help).
If they are older, then perhaps they can sign up for the regular Extreme WS lesson program.
Hope this helps,
P.S. I'll try to give you a better answer tomorrow nite.
Old 19th June 2008, 08:04 PM   #3
thuetter

Hi Roger

I thought that maybe Ellen would have the simulator set up, as I have seen at some other meets. The children are like 10 to 13 years, and weight about 100 pounds.

Tom
Old 20th June 2008, 05:10 AM   #4
Ellen Faller
Dream Team - School

Hi Tom,
We usually keep teaching separate from demo events, since there is lot involved in each and there are only 2 of us. Since there is a windsurfing school at Extreme, we don't want to take anything away from their operation, and this event has been planned as a demo for boards and sails. We have done a Taste of Windsurfing at Extreme a couple of times, and as a fundraiser for a local group, so maybe that is what you are thinking of. Roger will find out what the deal may be.
hope to see you there,
Ellen
Old 20th June 2008, 09:56 AM   #5
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Tom,
I checked with Jim K. at Extreme, and he said we could work with your grandchildren, but since this is a demo event, and we have no plans to get out the simulator, perhaps it would be better to have your grand kids simply take a lesson with the Extreme Windsurfing WS School Staff.
Where do you live?
Hope this helps,
Closed Thread