Old 14th December 2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Formula + Isonic combo

Hi,

for a 95kg experienced sailor is an Isonic 122 + Formula 162 a good combination to cover as much wind as possible? Where I windsurf the wind is between 8-20 knots 95% of the time. The wind just gets over 20knots very few times of the year so I woudn't mind to put some additional effort and sail overpowered on the isonic. Important to add is that formula would be really just to maximize days on the water and for pure lightwind purpose, since over 14-15knots I prefer to be on a smaller board.

Sails would be 11, 9, and 7,8 freerace.

If there are better board combo's for the purpose please suggest. I still have to buy the boards.

Thanks for your comments.
Obs: I can just afford 2 boards, so a 3 board combo is not really an option.
Old 14th December 2008, 08:42 PM   #2
BRA999 Schurmann

Default combo

Hi, I think that for your weight I would go with the two board you mentioned 162 and 122, specially if the winds don't get over 20 knots very often. For myself, a lighter sailor, I would go 162 and 111.
cheers,
Wilhelm
Old 15th December 2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Per

In 8 to 20 knots you can use your formula all the time. Anyway you can have more fun on a smaller board in + 16 knots. For the widest possible two board range the iSonic 111 actually has a tail width of almost 50 cm (similar to that of a Futura 133 though the Futura is wider in the middle). It will plane nicely and be very speedy with your 9.0 or 7.8 sails when the wind gets higher. On the rare days of +20 knots wind it will be better than the 122. I see heavy formula sailors dropping directly from a F162 to iSonic 101 without a problem.

;-)
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 03:51 PM   #4
John Kemsley

Hi

I use a Go 16 and a HS133 which covers nearly all conditions for the larger frame unless its really howling when I go down to a 106. If your comfortable on the 122 then its a good choice for you
John Kemsley is offline   Reply With Quote