Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 19th March 2009, 08:36 AM   #1
eli villalabeitia

Default wave board for my son

My son is now 14, 48kg and sailing well on a 93 lts in the straps and goog waterstarts skills. The point is that he wants to start waveriding, his jibes are still a little struggle and we are wondering which board would be best for him, a kode or evo, 75lts?, i guess that would be a good volume, not to radical for starting, but I am a bit confused about the model
thanks
Eli
eli villalabeitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 09:01 AM   #2
eli villalabeitia

Angry

Hello, nobody has children or teenagers in the team, to early age to get no answer, a young customer dissapointed.
Eli
Old 24th March 2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Ola_H
TEAM

Sorry, I seemed to have missed this post. I would suggest looking at the EVO 70. The EVOs are easier to turn on a wave with less sailor input relative to the boards size, so therefor I think EVOs are better than Kodes. The EVO 70 is looser than the 75 and still has enough volume and stability for your 14 year old, so I think this size is the best. Moreover, all models of the EVO 70 from 04 to present have been very good (with the 07 and forwards a step up in looseness and smoothness). So it should be possible to find something used or last years model at a better price.

The EVO 66 (09) exists in a prokids version which is priced lower, but it is in reality quite a lot smaller than the EVO 70. Maybe too small at this stage.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 09:24 PM   #4
eli villalabeitia

Thanks for the imput, I believed that it was the other way, that the kode were better for him. We wil try the EVO then.
Eli