Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 2nd April 2009, 12:14 PM   #1
jeroenmarcia

Default Formula surfing and fins --> Why this way

Kashy fins for more then 1500 euros. delivery time of months. Search the world for a good fin. Put a lot of money in it !!! Whole competition fleets depending on one man building fins at home !!

Is this what we want for formula surfing ? I think it is time to standarise the fins. What's your opinion ?
jeroenmarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Unregistered

hey, GO FORMULA EXPERIENCE CLASS and all your problems are immediately solved.
Marc
Old 2nd April 2009, 04:59 PM   #3
raffig

My opinion is that you should investigate more.... Finworks, VMG Blades, Ifju - much cheaper options and same performance as Kashy.
raffig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Unregistered

Yes, go to formula experience!!! Long life to fe!!!
Old 2nd April 2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Unregistered

They are so many variables when ordering a Kashy that you wouldn't know what to get... just look on the second hand market there are heaps of really good fins!
Old 2nd April 2009, 11:35 PM   #6
jeroenmarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey, GO FORMULA EXPERIENCE CLASS and all your problems are immediately solved.
Marc
What about the problem of competitors. I have never seen anybody windsurfing with Formula experience stuff here. There is also not one Formula Experience event here in The Netherlands.

Where can i look for second hand fins ? Don't seem logic though to sell a good formula fin when you found one !!!
jeroenmarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:11 AM   #7
sergio k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenmarcia View Post
What about the problem of competitors. I have never seen anybody windsurfing with Formula experience stuff here. There is also not one Formula Experience event here in The Netherlands.

Where can i look for second hand fins ? Don't seem logic though to sell a good formula fin when you found one !!!
As it was written in previous comment, there're a lot of variables, board/salor's weight/
sailing conditions/personal preferance/improvements in fins, Kashy and others do
continue with refining the performance of the fins. As for the used market, if you're
around Formula racing, used fins are getting sold/swapped all the time.
Old 3rd April 2009, 12:40 AM   #8
Unregistered

Wait and see, FE is taking the world step by step. There will be races in Russia and other countries around there this year.
There will be some races for FE in USA too.
Go to FE.
Old 3rd April 2009, 02:55 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroenmarcia View Post
Kashy fins for more then 1500 euros. delivery time of months. Search the world for a good fin. Put a lot of money in it !!! Whole competition fleets depending on one man building fins at home !!

Is this what we want for formula surfing ? I think it is time to standarise the fins. What's your opinion ?
Why do you want to standardize the formula class?
So it can remain stagnant and not evolve!

Remember how it used to be with the standardized R13 debocheit!
The pros were the only ones who had access to any type of developmental fins while the rest of scrambled over a medium that felt like a stiff, only to realize it was the new soft!
At the moment, no one can produce a mass produced standardized fin thats any good.
Until that point arrives, stand in line and get a custom or build one yourself.
The beauty of the formula class is that you can become the next Dave Kashy if you really try.

Next time, dont blame it on your equipment, get a good start and apply tactics and strategy to win the game.
Old 3rd April 2009, 01:11 PM   #10
Brett Morris

No need to hit the panic button.
Look at the FW Sail market. If one company increases their prices or reduces the standard of product then another company moves in, and picks up market share (if their product is up to scratch).
Fins will come back into line soon enough.
PS, i believe that being super comfortable with your kit and sailing like a champion will yeild much better results than buying a new fin.
The possible exception is the very elite / pro sector, where a 2-3% improvement in a piece of kit is the difference between winning.
Brett Morris is offline   Reply With Quote