Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 5th June 2009, 08:18 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Kashy fin for SB160

Hi

I would like to know which kashy fin would be the best for the SB 160 formula.
I'm lightweight guy, 70-73 kg. Mostly using 9.9 sail but want to use more a 10.9.

Thank you in advance

Kenny
BEL 9
Old 5th June 2009, 10:50 PM   #2
nonopr

Ok, Let make one thing clear from the get go.
Kashy fins are very limited available, you will have to wait at least one year to get one if he evers approve your order.
The 160 does not need a Kashy fin to ride like a pro. You will need an R13 rake +8 to be super competitive.
Also Kashy fins goes for no less of $1000.00 US.

Here is a report from http://www.peterman.dk/windsurf-form...01-startgb.htm
SB 160 (which I haven't tried for myself) got a little changed (it grew wider) in the nose relative to the 159, and perhaps more important Starboard "cut off" the corners of the cut outs with the purpose to catch up with the ability of the F2 III and F2 IV to sail deep and free on broad reaches. Apparently it has helped the Starboard to better speed down the hill, where the F2s have had an advantage with their deeper and bigger cut outs and their narrower "one foot off".

The SB 160 (162 liters) seem to accept a Debo R13 rake +8 very well - perhaps even in a "Soft --" edition. Generally the SB 160 is a more pleasant and easier board to ride than the contemporary F2 FX100 IV.

P. s.: Later experience has revealed that the SB 160 is perhaps a more rounded and easier-to-sail board than its successors (the SB 161 and the SB 162). The SB 160 seem to less "sticky" than the two later boards, and at least some of the lighter sailors still prefer the SB 160 years after its presentation - and according to the results it's still highly competitive.

Last edited by nonopr; 5th June 2009 at 10:56 PM.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Unregistered

Kenny-
The 70 xs works best in almost all conditions for 10-11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I would like to know which kashy fin would be the best for the SB 160 formula.
I'm lightweight guy, 70-73 kg. Mostly using 9.9 sail but want to use more a 10.9.

Thank you in advance

Kenny
BEL 9
Old 7th June 2009, 05:55 PM   #4
Unregistered

Thanks for your opinion. But I can buy one from someone else, not Dave. So I don't have to wait that long .
I have a R13 M +6 and a R19 S +7 but they are not soft enough. That's why I was looking for a Kashy because it's the best one around.

grtz
K
Old 7th June 2009, 09:02 PM   #5
nonopr

Check this guys out. I have been riding this fins recently and they ae good and soft. Very similar to the Kashy fin.

http://www.f4fins.com/index.htm

This are custom fins and usually in about a week or two you will have a super good fin in your hands.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 03:38 PM   #6
aenault

I understand Ifju fins are quite similar to the Kashys, and for half the price and prompt delivery. Check it out.

Alain
aenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 03:15 AM   #7
Unregistered

both are good but they're not a kashy