Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 27th August 2009, 08:02 AM   #1
mario.milhazes

Default Colour of Red Futura Underneath

Hi

Does anyone have this board in red tecnhora?
I received mine today and its white underneath....??? I was sure it supposed to be red.

Thanks
mario.milhazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

I believe it should be white underneath? Anyone else knows?
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 07:36 PM   #3
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario.milhazes View Post
Hi

Does anyone have this board in red tecnhora?
I received mine today and its white underneath....??? I was sure it supposed to be red.

Thanks
Hello Mario

Did you already try it?
leysenkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi Ola,
I've seen them both. Some have red bottoms, some have white bottoms.
I had to look at one that was perfect in every way, but the lady who bought it thought she was getting a red bottom and refused to accept the white bottom claiming that the board had been repaired or was a 2nd and had been refinished at the factory.
Hey, ALL Starboards are pretty much "handmade/hand finished" so I do not think we will ever see the consistency of truly mass produced/robotic QA inspected products.
Some come out of the factory a little more "perfect in every way" than others, but I've found that the vast majority sail identically.
Perhaps ask Tiesda if he can I.D. (by serial number or date of mfg.) which have white paint on the bottom and which have red paint on the bottom.
Hope this helps,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 06:44 AM   #5
mario.milhazes

Hello leysenkr

I tried to sail it today but there wasnt enough wind so i had to change gear to my 130L and 8.0m sail.

But i went to water with for about 1 hour trying to get use to the board....very diferent from my 130L that has 258cm of length and this one has only 240cm...one foot a little more on front and the nose will sink....lol.....but i liked the stability of the board....i could uphaul with some specific tecnic....the board is more sensitive to your foot position.

When i try it in high wind i will feedback.
Thanks for asking.

PS: Your futura is white underneath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leysenkr View Post
Hello Mario

Did you already try it?
Old 30th August 2009, 09:00 PM   #6
leysenkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario.milhazes View Post
Hello leysenkr

I tried to sail it today but there wasnt enough wind so i had to change gear to my 130L and 8.0m sail.

But i went to water with for about 1 hour trying to get use to the board....very diferent from my 130L that has 258cm of length and this one has only 240cm...one foot a little more on front and the nose will sink....lol.....but i liked the stability of the board....i could uphaul with some specific tecnic....the board is more sensitive to your foot position.

When i try it in high wind i will feedback.
Thanks for asking.

PS: Your futura is white underneath?
Mine is bleu underneath.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:40 PM   #7
mario.milhazes

Default Wrong colours in Futura 101L red

Watch out for starboard boards...

I bougth a Red Futura 101 L 2009 that supposed to be red underneath and it came out as white!!!!

Ive made several complaints to my local dealer, where i bought the board, i also filled up 5 times the "service and warrant" form and i had NO RESPONSE from any of them!!!!

So they just want to sell there products, get your money on there pocket and then ignore you when something goes wrong!!!!

What kind of company is this??? Im preparing a formal complaint to the Portugues and European Customer Service because this is not correct!!!!

I fill cheated and ripped off!!!!
Old 10th September 2009, 10:47 PM   #8
Floyd

Red face

Mario
Is the colour the only problem ??? You sound very agrieved ; white bottom ??? Try sunbathing ????
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 02:34 AM   #9
Ola_H
TEAM

Mario, I wrote a bit in some of the other thread concerning this. I'm trying to look things up for you but in the end it will have to go through your dealer anyway. They are the ones that are responsible for selling the board to you and the business arrangement is between them and you. So the most constructive way for you to go about with this is to sort it out with your dealer.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 05:43 PM   #10
leysenkr

I would also feel ripped off if this would happen to me. Is there any other way to distinguish a 2008 from a 2009 board?

But how is it sailing Mario?