Old 15th October 2009, 03:20 AM   #1
John1

Default Quad and weed fins

Im sailing in the south of Sweden and here we must use weed fins during the hole year.
What about the new Quad and weed fins, must we cut down regular weedfins or will it be possible to buy really small weedfins in the future compatibles with the new board?

Im looking forward to hearing from You,
With regadrs,
John
John1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

I think that this will be for aftermarket fin manufacturers to decide since I figure its a bit unlikely that Starboard will make weed fins for the Quad. I also don't know how weed sensitive the original fin setup is. The fins are already a bit sweptback (and the accessory 13cm fins even more so).

But if you really need better weeb clearance, the rear fins are fcs so you can probably fins some kind of very swept back fin (get two symmetrical center fins). But the front... If you can fins a weed fin twin fin in 15cm or so such a fin would probably work. You might have to convert it to minituttle box yourself though, but thats an easy job. Maybe the OES fins? See http://www.oesaustralia.com/wp-conte...uad-75-011.jpg
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Meyersurf

Hallo John,

I am also interested in a weed solution for my quad 76 - do have gained some experience in the meantime. Are the standardfinns ok with weed or do you have found a good replacement?

Christian
Meyersurf is offline   Reply With Quote