Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 6th November 2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Istria in November

With this message I would like to ask you few questions regarding weather conditions in Istria during November. My idea is to take few days off and travel by car to Istria for good slalom and wave windsurfing. I have been following windguru.cz and there is nice forecast coming there.

What temperature may I expect and where should I go to find right spots. Will I find there some fellow windsurfers? Traveling by car from Austria / Slovenia - will you reccomend any roads to follow?

Thank you in advance for speedy fedback.
Regards
Old 6th November 2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Darko_Z

For windsurfing in Istria most windsurfers go to spots south of Pula, Medulin, Premantura, Pomer. You can check spots on this link:
http://www.windsurfing.hr/index.php?...=47&Itemid=124
You can see weather for this spot on this link:
http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=21
If you are from western part of Austria you can go trough Slovenia, Ljubljana – Postojna – Reka – Učka – Pula. If you are from eastern part of Austria you can go trough Hungary in this case you don’t have to pay for highway sticker trough Slovenia, but you have to pay for Hungary and Croatia. Travel costs in both cases are approximately the same.

Question?
Do you now any spots in Austria for snowkiting. For example is it possible to snowkite on Saualpen.
Darko_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Unregistered

Darko

Thanks for your comments; I will be travelling from Poland this Saturday and will follow Postojna – Reka – Učka – Pula road. Hope to see you somewhere in Istria...

I am not snowkiting therefore I can not help you anyway. I heard there are some interesting places to visit in Poland (sniezka mountain)...

Regards
Old 9th November 2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Chris Pressler

You should check out the weathermaps, if there is a change to get wind from northeastern (BORA) or from south to southwestern direction (YUGO). Normally the the southern wind brings much warmer air, but can be rainy.

Good luck,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote