Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 10th December 2006, 12:47 AM   #1
James

Default Cheap rentals in Isla Margarita

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an affordable equipment rental center in Isla Margarita, Venezuela? I'll be staying with my family in El Yaque for a week over Christmas.

It would be nice if I could get decent shortboard gear for myself and also a big-board setup that my dad and the rest of my family could use.

Dad never quite mastered the harness and footstraps and I'm not counting on him remembering how to waterstart. My mom and sister have basic windsurfing skills. My brother-in-law has never tried it but might be interested in a lesson.

Thanks
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 11:04 PM   #2
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-
Default RE: Cheap rentals in Isla Margarita

Hi, James!

You should get a rental at a center as near to your spot as possible, there is a Vela windsurf centre with starboards right at El Yaque, and so is a Club Mistral centre; i don't know about the prices. Just get such a rental offer that you can change boards, so your dad and family will sail in the morning while the wind is low, then when it picks up you will take a smaller board and go sailing yourself. This way you won't have to pay for 2 packages, just one. It probably costs about 200-250 euro (250-300 usd).
If that's not OK you can try another surf centre...

Kind regards

Lampi
-Lampi- is offline   Reply With Quote