Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 20th December 2009, 07:37 PM   #1
woutert

Default Bigger Quad?

Hi,

Currently my biggest waveboard is a Mistral Twinzer 92 (63 width), I am 93 kilo's and 193 tall. I am really happy with this board, but I am thinking of replacing it with another lightwind waveboard. I have heard great stories about the Starboard Quad, so my question is: Is there any bigger Quad planned?

I need a board for pure waveriding with minimal wind conditions. Here in holland the best wave days are typically the non-planing days and sometimes there is not even enough wind for waterstarting (at least not with my weight). I know that some other heavy wave sailors are buidling custom 100l twin boards, because there is no production board available.

It would be nice to have a quad 95l or 100l!

Regards,
Wouter
woutert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 03:34 PM   #2
CornishAlex

I am pretty big and heavy and have often thought about having a SUP quad as my biggest wave board. Check out what is on offer from Starboard, they all have windsurf fittings. I do use an SUP a fair amount and have a big 12 foot SUP which I am thinking of changing so it would serve two purposes for me (although I am not sure about such a small SUP board for me Stand Up Paddling as it might be too wobbly for my skill level!).

http://www.star-board-sup.com/produc...cketrocket.php

I would be interested to hear from any heavyweight sailors who have actually tried to windsurfed those in the waves in very light wind conditions.
CornishAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Ola_H
TEAM

Woutert,

I don't know of any specific plans, but a bigger Quad seems like a reasonable extension of the range particularly given the history of bigger EVOs and Acids in the Starboard range.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote