Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 13th August 2010, 06:10 PM   #1
GBR432

Default Formula HWR footstraps (Text wrong way?)

Hi,

I was fitting the straps to my HWR, and have a question about which way they fit. The straps supplied are curved, with a small cut out in the highest point of the curve (I assume to allow ankle/shin to fit). when fitted with the cutout this way the lettering on the straps is upside down when read from the edge of the board, which had me concerened that I am fiiting them the wrong way.

Andy
GBR432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 05:09 AM   #2
Mike T

Andy
Sounds like you have the lightweight race straps and that is what I have on one of my boards and yes the curved cutout area of the footstraps face outboard (Towards the ankle) and yes the starboard logo will be upside down! I did a double take on that also, They don't go the other way that's for sure tried it. They are very comfortable straps especially if you sail barefoot. Warm winds Mike
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 11:08 PM   #3
GBR432

Mike,

Thanks for the confirmation on alignment. I sail barefoot, and they are more comfortable than the white race straps.Am glad I am not the only one to do the double take on the logo being upside down.

Andy
GBR432 is offline   Reply With Quote