Old 23rd September 2010, 09:53 PM   #1
aplessas

Default Water in Phantom 320

Hello, I'm located in Greece and purchased the first Phantom 320 in the country which I enjoy very much.
Unfortunately last week I forgot to put the vent screw and I windsurfed for about an hour with the vent open
Once I realized it I took the board out of the water and left it in the sun for an hour with the mast track facing down.
After the water got out I took it home to a place with a high enough room temperature -this time with the mast track facing upwards.
I put a small fan directed towards the open vent while placing in the vent and changing 2 or 3 times a day paper towel (Part of it is placed in the vent opening and part of it outside the vent) after it gets partly wet.
Please let me know how should I treat the board to make it dry as fast and effectively as possible and how long should I wait and what signs should I expect to see that the board has dried.

Thank you in advance

Antonis Plessas
aplessas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 01:36 AM   #2
ZedZdeD

I had problems of water absorption with my first Phantom 320 2010. A consequence among others was the displacement of the center of gravity. Normally, center of gravity should be close to head of retracted daggerboard (you can hold the board with one hand by the head of the daggerboard). If your center of gravity is there, the board is likely to contain no or only little water. Second method is of course the weight.
ZedZdeD is offline   Reply With Quote